- Nov 11, 2008It’s okay
I've noticed that I've fallen into Milwaukee trends. Some I like. Some, as Jbags would say, not so much... Some are not because of Milwaukee, they're from living in general.
In the past eight years I've learned
- That people will not start using blinkers simply because it annoys you when they don't, so instead HONK like heck at them - then laugh and smile :)
- That it's not just my generation and younger that are selfish... It was the people who brought up my generation that started disrespecting elders, putting themselves before others, worship material goods and decided to only look to God when it was seemingly too late
- The Colts can win the Superbowl - the Vikings can't
- If you work hard, others will scorn you, but you will succeed
- Hoping for something doesn't make it appear; working towards it does
- People will treat you poorly, but it's almost always because of a self-deficiency they're afraid to admit/confront/conquer
- It's okay to not be friends with someone, especially when their definition of a friend only equates to your meaning of an acquaintance
- Being kind is not a fault!
- There will never be another Bob Dylan
- Ex-boyfriends come back
- Do not take ex-boyfriends back
- You can be disappointed when others let you down - and when you call them out on it, they will turn it on you and try to make you feel bad so they don't
- Waking up each morning and doing the best you can is all anyone can ask
- It's okay to fail at something as long as you understand what you did, and try to learn the skills to do better the next time
- QUIT a job that is unstable and bad for your mental health - even better get them to fire you!
- Never stop caring and loving; even when it seems others can flip that switch in a second
- BE NICE! (I already knew this one, but it seems others forget it frequently)
And the things I hope to learn in the future
- What it feels like to manage a successful relationship through it's ups and downs
- The joys and pains of raising a family (even if I have to adopt darn it!)
- To have the same feeling throughout life as I do the moment I step in a barn and hear the nickers and see the most majestic animal in the world
- How to make each day better than the next!
Sometimes I'm perplexed by the things people do. Sometimes I'm perplexed by the things I do!