Yes, I understand the viewpoint of those who say, well don't help them. If it were only that easy. The students who are always finding an excuse for arriving late, not turning things in on-time are generally the ones who have the most questions when it comes to assignments. They are the ones who complain about the class/assignments/projects.
If you are one of these students who is continually frustrated with assignments/class requirements/course policy please ask yourself the following:
1. Did I read the instructions?
2. Did I read the book/materials?
3. Did I attend the lecture?
4. Did I ask for help during class?
5. Did I ask a classmate for their interpretation?
6. COULD I HAVE FOUND the answer ON MY OWN by doing an internet search or making a library trip?
If a student has exhausted the options above I'm happy to help. If not, you are wasting the time I need to devote to the 90 percent of students who show up prepared and are pro-active about their learning. Thank you.