UW-Milwaukee Journalism & Media Communication, Strategic Communication Campaigns Seeks Spring 2011 Client
What is JMC 524?
Journalism and Media Communication 524 is an upper-level campaigns course. Students apply integrated marketing communication practices and principles to a selected client project. There are no charges for student time or for the ideas/concepts developed. In return for their work students gain real-world experience and critique.
JMC 524 does not cover hard costs. Postage, printing, phone calls, etc. will be covered by the client if the client chooses to use these services.
What does JMC 524 do?
Past projects include increasing awareness of Stroke Month for the American Heart Association, branding for the Innovative Weather service, and promoting the “Adoption is Good Business” event for the Adoption Resources of Wisconsin.
Here are some of the skills JMC 524 students possess:
- Primary research (if databases and/or participant lists are provided)
- Secondary research
- Social media (establish presence and develop a maintenance plan)
- Traditional advertising (create print and online ads, fliers, posters, brochures)
- Media planning
- Media buying (if an advertising budget is provided)
- Gained media
- Media and sales kit development
- Event promotion
Who will JMC 524 serve?
Based on the proposals the students will choose something that fits with their learning objectives and offers a well-rounded experience. Projects can be non-profit, not-for-profit or for profit. They can be for a new concept or an established brand. Projects should fit (conceptually) to the date constraints of the class (Jan 24 – May 13, 2011).
Interested in becoming a JMC 524 client?
Students will review project proposals received by Jan. 24, 2011. Interested parties should submit the following:
1. Business/Organization Name
2. Brief history/background (Apart from the research we can do online – who are you?)
3. What are your needs? (What is the name of your project for the class? Why do you need JMC 524 help? Briefly describe this project in a paragraph or two.)
4. What would you like our class to do for you? (Specifically what do you envision?)
5. Will you provide an advertising budget? (If yes, please include the amount. No money is spent without your approval. )
6. Will you provide an operational support/budget? (Printing, mailing, etc. If yes, please explain. Again no money is spent without your approval.)
View current JMC 524 in progress visit any of the following
Client Facebook community page – Innovative Weather at UW-Milwaukee
Client LinkedIn page – Mike Westendorf - http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewestendorf1
Class Twitter page - @uwmjmc524 or http://twitter.com/#!/uwmjmc524
Please forward proposals to:
Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
Johnston Hall 132
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413